Charge your clients much more money by creating a WordPress website exactly to their requirements.
Create a custom responsive WordPress website for a client using the Genesis theme framework on the WordPress platform.
WordPress provides you with a fairly well-optimised web system. However, combining WordPress with the premium Genesis theme ($59.95) ensures an entirely future-proof, perfectly optimized and responsive web design with the latest CSS3 and HTML5 with Schema mark-up.
The course shows you everything – from the basics to fairly advanced HTML and CSS tweaking of the child theme. In the course we learn how to create this site from beginning to end: NuraHNash.com
After you have finished this course you will have learned how to:
- Set up a WordPress website on a host’s server (both the manual and “one-click” methods)
- Create a custom “Under Construction” page to display during online development
- Set up the logo and top navigation menu with drop-downs
- Set up a blog on it’s own separate page
- Set up social media profile link widgets and understand widgets in general
- Add content and images to the website’s pages and the blog posts
- Create and style up new sidebar widgets
- Two ways of adding and editing an image slider with overlaid text
- Use CSS media queries to ensure the site displays correctly on all browsers and all possible devices (phones, iPods, iPads, tablets, laptops, etc.) – completely understand responsive design
- Create a contact page with a contact form
- Create an email subscription list and sidebar form with incentive to join – the most important tactic of internet marketing
- Display a “favicon” for your site for the browsers’s address bars (as well as for iPod Touch, iPads and iPhones)
- Display a higher resolution logo for retina screens
- Plus much more!
I would advise anyone taking this course to have the Genesis theme framework although it isn’t 100% necessary.
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to create a website for themselves or other businesses – for which you could charge $3000+. I have gone into everything in great detail so there’s no need to worry if you have very little knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS and/or PHP.
The course would be particularly useful for people who wish to run their own web design business as you would be able to charge four-figure fees for creating a bespoke website like this.
I have over 25 years experience in graphic design, web design and marketing. I have run my own business since 2005.
I am an Amazon bestselling author of seven books, bestselling Udemy instructor and all-round good guy who wants success for you and your business.
Being your own boss is an incredibly liberating experience but it can be difficult as well. There never seems to be enough time for what we want to do.
I'm driven to help people experience the positive side of entrepreneurship, not the negative.
I also build brands, create websites and run marketing campaigns for my clients.
My mission statement: I want to help and inspire people to build sustainable online businesses, earn passive income and experience greater freedom and happiness in their lives.
PreviewSetting Up A New Website And Wordpress With Softaculous (6:19)
StartSetting Up WordPress Manually On A Host Using cPanel (5:18)
StartAdding The Under Construction Plug-in (4:02)
StartSetting Up A Custom "Under Construction" Page (4:57)
StartThe Difference Between Pages & Posts And Explanation Of Custom Permalinks (3:47)
StartInstalling Genesis (7:42)
StartCustomize And Brand Your Child Theme (5:26)
StartChanging The Site Title And Tagline (3:46)
StartCreating A Static Home Page And Separate Blog Page (3:52)
StartCreating The Top Navigation Menu (5:08)
StartAdding An Image To The Home Page (10:07)
StartFormatting Text And Adding Subheadings In WordPress (4:28)
StartIntroducing Widgets (4:03)
StartChecking Mobile Responsiveness (1:54)
StartEditing The Footer (4:08)
StartAdding Social Media Profile Icons To The Header (8:37)
StartCreating a MailChimp Email List and Adding an Email Signup Form in a Widget (7:11)