The most important Adobe Photoshop techniques you’ll need for web and graphic design work. This course will get you up-to-speed with any CS or CC version of Photoshop.
In order to be competitive as a graphic designer, you need to know Photoshop.
Photoshop freelancers can command fees of $100 / hour and yet it is an intuitive, easy-to-learn application.
My name’s Rob Cubbon, and I’ve been using Photoshop for over 2 decades.
I want to share with you the best techniques I learned in that time as they’re what you’ll find most useful in real world, hands-on graphic and web design situations. And all the Photoshop documents (PSDs) used in the course are available for download.
I’ll show you:
- techniques for improving landscape photography
- how to create three dimensional graphics from 2 dimensional photos
- how to extend images
- how to make selections in images with channels to create interesting effects
- how to improve portrait photography, how to cut out and create montages
- how to smooth a model’s skin
- how to create effect with text and typography
- how to create images specifically for social media
- how to create images specifically for web
- how to use guides, to align and distribute objects within an image
- how to stylize images to maximise their impact
- all about selections, layers, channels and paths
- knowledge about file size, resolution and color mode
all this I’ll show you using features that are available in all recent versions of Photoshop (from early Creative Suite versions right up to today’s Creative Cloud).
I’ll show you the short cuts and keystrokes in Mac and PC while I perform these techniques so you can start working like a professional today
and I’ll also explain the technicalities behind file size, resolution and colour modes so you will always supply the correct finished product for all the Photoshop work you do in the future.
Photoshop is my favourite design tool and I want to show you how much fun it is to use.
I have over 25 years experience in graphic design, web design and marketing. I have run my own business since 2005.
I am an Amazon bestselling author of seven books, bestselling Udemy instructor and all-round good guy who wants success for you and your business.
Being your own boss is an incredibly liberating experience but it can be difficult as well. There never seems to be enough time for what we want to do.
I'm driven to help people experience the positive side of entrepreneurship, not the negative.
I also build brands, create websites and run marketing campaigns for my clients.
My mission statement: I want to help and inspire people to build sustainable online businesses, earn passive income and experience greater freedom and happiness in their lives.
StartExtending the background of an image with an easy plain background (8:42)
StartIntroduction and the difference between Image Size and Canvas Size (7:15)
StartSelecting areas of the images with the Lasso and Featuring the selection (6:36)
StartCopying and pasting areas of the image and using the Clone Stamp tool (8:26)
StartRunning a gradient from the top and adding text (2:35)